Did you miss last night's Council meeting? No problem! Check out the summary update of major meeting items below, and for an archive of past Council meeting updates, check out our Council Corner Archive.
- Council held a Committee of the Whole meeting where three residents attended and expressed concerns regarding the proposed Zoning amendment in the Kootenay area requested by BC Housing. The amendment bylaw has received First Reading from Council, and has not yet proceeded further. Final consideration of the amendment bylaw will not be considered until after the public hearing, which will be advertised as per legislated requirements.
- Council approved the Development Variance Permit No. DP-20-19 for 1819 Atlin Avenue.
- Council resolved to support an application from the Prince Rupert Golf Course to Northern Development Initiative Trust recreation infrastructure fund for upgrades to their building envelope and extension of their storage area.
- Mayor and Council approved an application for funding of up to $20,000 to UBCM for the City’s completion of a Housing Needs Report.
- Mayor and Council approved an application to Northern Development Initiative Trust for $20,000 to support the continuation of the City’s Business Façade Improvement Program in 2021.
- Mayor and Council provided a letter of support to Environment and Climate Change Canada for an application from the Canadian Energy and Emissions Associate (CEEA) to the Climate Action and Awareness Fund.
- Council gave final approval to Road Closure Bylaw No. 3461 (at Edward and Albert Avenue).
- Council approved Five Year Financial Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 3457, 2020. This bylaw authorizes the direction of Northern Capital and Planning Grant Reserve funds to remove the remaining Department of National Defense tanks from the Moresby area; the purchase of property and architectural design costs for the construction of a new RCMP detachment; and accounting for the receipt of the Northern Capital and Planning Grant as well as funds for Phase 3 of the water project grant. No impact to taxation resulted from any of the proposed amendments.