In accordance with the Provincial Health Officer’s order issued today, effective Wednesday August 25th, 2021 masks will be required to be worn indoors in public settings for all people 12 years of age and older, regardless of their vaccination status. People who cannot wear a mask or who cannot put on or remove a mask on their own are exempt.
The order applies to all indoor public settings and includes the following:
- malls, shopping centres, coffee shops and retail and grocery stores;
- liquor and drug stores;
- airports, city halls, libraries, community and recreation centres;
- restaurants, pubs and bars (unless seated);
- on public transportation, in a taxi or ride-sharing vehicle;
- areas of office buildings where services to the public are provided;
- common areas of sport and fitness centres when not engaged in physical activity;
- common areas of post-secondary institutions and non-profit organizations; and
- inside schools for all K-12 staff, visitors and students in grades 4-12
Thank you for complying with these restrictions given they are being put in place to reduce the transmission of COVID-19. Together we can keep each other safe.
For more information on the Provincial Order, go to Mask mandate to reduce transmission, protect people in public spaces | BC Gov News